Eng / Fr
The origins of the domaine of Nampont go back up to 858. Several families succeeded one another there ; such as the de Nampont, de Bernatre in 1335, du Quesnoy in 1377, then de Vaudricourt.

The "Maison Forte" was built in the 15th century. It is surmonted by a covered way with original machicolations. Its polygonal plan remains surrounded by water filled moats.

Adrien de Vaudricourt welcomed Fran�ois 1st in 1517 in the Castle of Nampont. Occupying a strategic geographical situation, this castle was the theater of numerous border raids.

In the 18th century, it was a customs post for the perception of salt tax. Occupied and damaged during the Second World War, the "Maison Forte" has been subsequently restored.